Installing and Using the Save to RefWorks Button
The Save to RefWorks button is a browser extension that imports citation information from any web page and adds it to your RefWorks library.
You can install the browser extension on your personal device to quickly add online resources to your RefWorks library. If you add the browser extension to a computer in an Iona University lab, the extension will be erased when you sign out of the computer.
The RefWorks browser extension only works if you turn off add blockers and allow third-party cookies on your browser while you are searching for research sources.
- Log-in to RefWorks
- Click on the Tools icon and select Tools in the drop-down menu
- Click on Install Save to RefWorks button
- Drag the Save to RefWorks button to the toolbar
- Go to the web page you want to cite. Click on the Save to RefWorks button to collect the information. If you're not already logged in, you will be prompted to do so now
- Review the information in the right-hand panel. You can edit any field
- Click on the Save to RefWorks button on the bottom of the page
- Follow the instructions on the Creating Bibliographies & Citations page to complete your bibliography.
The video below provides instructions for installing and using the Save to RefWorks button in a ProQuest database.
- Last Updated: Oct 18, 2022 2:46 PM
- URL: https://guides.iona.edu/refworks
- Print Page