RefWorks: RefWorks Account
Welcome to RefWorks
RefWorks is an extremely efficient tool to create bibliographies, references and organize your research. It saves times by importing records from our most popular databases.
RefWorks, like all machine-generated bibliographic citation tools, is not fool-proof. In all citation styles (APA, MLA, Chicago, etc.) proofread your bibliography and make sure capitalization and punctuation are correct and all necessary bibliographic information is included in the citation. To check the accuracy of your bibliography/reference list, please check the Citing Sources Research Guide.
For known issues, see the Creating Bibliographies & Citations page.
Create a RefWorks Account - Start Here
- Go to RefWorks and click on Create Account (located at the bottom of the box).
- Use your Iona email address to sign up for a RefWorks account.
- Your Iona email address becomes your login name. Note: Don't select your Institution.
- A verification email will be sent. *Note: the verification email arrives in the Junk folder in Outlook.
- Click on the link in the verification email and add your name, role, and department affiliation.
- You will be asked if you’d like to install the Save to RefWorks web browser button. See Save to RefWorks button page.
Note: Your RefWorks account is NOT connected with your Iona log-in credentials.
Getting Started with RefWorks Video
When creating an account select Create an Account - Iona email only.
Stop the video at 2:12.
What is RefWorks?
RefWorks is a way to cite, collect, manage and organize your research papers. It allows you to annotate, organize, and cite your research as well as collaborate with others.
- Is Iona College Library's preferred citation management tool
- Is Free for Iona students and faculty
- Helps you create MLA, APA, Chicago, etc. reference lists
- Allows you to import citations directly from Library databases and research websites, such as EBSCO, ProQuest, and WorldCat
- Enables you to share citations and lists