Accessing the Library
There are several ways to access the Library's Homepage. Use the direct link (https://www.iona.edu/libraries) or look for the library link under Academics on the University's website. Menu - Academic - Libraries. Or searching for Libraries will also get you to the library homepage. We recommend you bookmark or create a favorite for the library home page and resources.
All Iona University students are given remote access privileges to Iona Libraries. To access many of the library’s resources you will need your username and password (the same username and password used to access Blackboard, Email and Peoplesoft). If you are able to access Blackboard and email, then you will be able to access the library’s resources.
Library database access troubleshooting:
- Be sure to use your Iona username only, not the entire email address. Example: jsmith4
- Close and then restart your current web browser (Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari) or try an alternative browser.
- If you enter the wrong password too many times, you will be locked out of your account. If this happens, reset your password with password station. If you need assistance with resetting your network password or accessing Blackboard please contact the IT Help Desk at 914-633-2635.
- If you can’t access an individual database, but you can access others, wait a few minutes, and then try again. From time to time a database may be inaccessible. This is usually the database vendor’s issue and is often resolved within a few minutes.
- If you can access the database from home but not from your work network, the work network may have certain restrictions. Check with your work IT department if they are blocking access to certain sites.
- More database access troubleshooting tips.
Iona Libraries prepared this list to highlight resources and services that are available to you as students enrolled in the MS in Nursing program. I hope you find this information useful and look forward to working with you. Please contact me if you if you have any questions or require research assistance, and best wishes for a successful term.
Assistant Director of Libraries and Nursing Liaison
- The libraries’ hours are found on the Libraries homepage and the hours page.
- Visit the Research Essential Guide for tips and strategies on how to research. A link to the Research Essentials Guide is also located on the Library Home page.
- This Nursing Research guide was created to assist you in locating resources and conducting research specific to Nursing. Explore to learn more about resources and conducting research.
- The search bar located on libraries’ home page is used primarily to discover print books, ebooks, videos, and other resources at Iona and in other libraries’ collections. Use the Evidence Based Medicine databases and others from the Nursing Guide for discipline specific research. https://iona.on.worldcat.org/discovery
- Sign up for a RefWorks account. Refworks will assist you in managing your research and creating citations and references.
- If Iona Libraries does not own a resource, you can request the resource through Interlibrary Loan at no cost. Remember, never pay for an article!
- Sign up for a free New York Times digital subscription. The subscription will be active as long as you are a currently enrolled student.
- Browse all Research Guides by Subject and Databases by Subject for cross- disciplinary research.
- Do you use Google Scholar? Be sure to link to Iona University subscription databases by clicking on Settings (three bars on top left) > Library Links > Type in Iona University.
- Do you use Pubmed? As an Iona student be sure to access Pubmed via this link so that you are connecting to Iona University subscription databases from within PubMed.
- Do you have the title, PMID, DOI or other citation information of an article? Use the Search for Full-Text tool to locate the article in full-text or request the article via ILL.
- Visit the Citing Sources guide for more help in creating citations and references in APA.
Connect with a Librarian
Questions regarding research and library resources, library services and Interlibrary loans (ILL) should be directed to the Nursing Librarian. Contact Natalka to arrange a phone, zoom or in-person research consultation.
Nursing Librarian: Natalka Sawchuk
Questions related to network accounts and Blackboard, please contact the IT Help Desk at 914-633-2625.
- Last Updated: Nov 13, 2023 7:43 PM
- URL: https://guides.iona.edu/nursing
- Print Page