Using CINAHL/MeSH Subject Headings
CINAHL Searching FAQs
- How do I use limiters to refine my search?
- How do I use expanders to broaden my search?
- How do I use the Suggest Subject Terms feature in CINAHL?
- How do I search for article citations with Citation Matcher
- What is included in the CINAHL Evidence-Based Practice limiter?
- How do I use CINAHL/MeSH Headings?
- How do I browse for Cited References?
- Limit to the publication type Systematic Review: Indicates a research process in which a concept is identified and the research which has studied it is analyzed and evaluated. Results are synthesized to present the current state of knowledge regarding the concept. Includes integrated or integrative reviews.
- Limit to Research article: An original (includes secondary analysis), complete research study containing data collection, methodology, discussion of results, etc.
- The CINAHL Evidence-based Practice limiter includes Research articles (including systematic reviews, clinical trials, meta analyses, etc.) as well as articles from evidence-based practice journals, articles about evidence-based practice, and commentaries on research studies (applying practice to research). Use with caution; every result may not be an evidence-based study.
- To locate articles with a higher level of evidence in CINAHL, limit by Publication Type: Clinical Trial; Evidence-Based Care Sheet; Meta Analysis; Nursing Interventions; Practice Guidelines; Protocol; Randomized Controlled Trial and Systematic Review
- To late locate a lower level of evidence in CINAHL copy/paste this line into the CINAHL advanced search: case-control OR correlational OR cross-sectional OR longitudinal OR cohort
- Last Updated: Nov 13, 2023 7:43 PM
- URL: https://guides.iona.edu/nursing
- Print Page