Computer Science: RefWorks and Citing Sources
About Refworks and Citing Sources
RefWorks is a new way to cite, collect, manage and organize your research papers. You can read annotate, organize, and cite your research as well as collaborate with others. RefWorks’ drag and drop capability along with smart document recognition makes it easy to upload documents and the Save to RefWorks feature allows you to capture research from websites. Please review the information below to get started with Refworks and citing sources.
MLA Quick Guides
APA Quick Guides
Chicago/Turabian Quick Guides
Creating a Refworks Account
- Go to RefWorks and click on Create Account (located at the bottom of the box).
- Use your Iona email address to sign up for a RefWorks account.
- Your Iona email address becomes your login name. Note: Don't select your Institution.
- A verification email will be sent. *Note: the verification email arrives in the Junk folder in Outlook.
- Click on the link in the verification email and add your name, role, and department affiliation.
- You will be asked if you’d like to install the Save to RefWorks web browser button. See Save to RefWorks button page.
Note: Your RefWorks account is NOT connected with your Iona log-in credentials.
Getting Started with Refworks (Video)
When creating an account select Create an Account - Iona email only.
Stop the video at 2:12.