Samuel Rudin Academic Resource Center: RefWorks and Citing Sources
About Refworks and Citing Sources
RefWorks is a new way to cite, collect, manage and organize your research papers. You can read annotate, organize, and cite your research as well as collaborate with others. RefWorks’ drag and drop capability along with smart document recognition makes it easy to upload documents and the Save to RefWorks feature allows you to capture research from websites. Please review the information below to get started with Refworks and citing sources.
MLA Quick Guides
APA Quick Guides
Chicago/Turabian Quick Guides
Creating a Refworks Account
Instructions for Creating a RefWorks Account
- Go to RefWorks and click on Create Account (located at the bottom of the box).
- Use your Iona email address to sign up for a new RefWorks account, personal email addresses are not valid.
- Your Iona email address becomes your login name. Note: Don't select your Institution.
- An activation email will be sent and you will need to validate your account to continue. *Note: if the verification email doesn't come directly into your Inbox, please check your Junk or More folders in Outlook. If you have questions about navigating Outlook, please contact the Help Desk.
- Click on the link in the activation email and you will be directed back to RefWorks to enter your name, role, and department affiliation.
- You will be asked if you’d like to install the Save to RefWorks web browser button (a way to import citations from web pages) Note: You can temporarily add this to the browser's toolbar on Iona College lab computers; it will erase after you shut down the computer. However, you can permanently add Save to RefWorks to your personal devices. See Save to RefWorks button page.
- You will also be asked if you'd like to install Write-n-Cite for Word. Note: This tool can be added to your personal devices. This tool is not currently available for download to Iona College lab computers.
Note: Your RefWorks account is NOT connected with your Iona log-in credentials.
Getting Started with Refworks (Video)
Accessing RefWorks: How to create an account.
Stop the video at 2:12.