Iona WorldCat: Getting Started
What is Iona WorldCat?
It is the Iona College Libraries online catalog for locating books, articles, streaming media, and more. Full-text articles, eBooks, and streaming media can be accessed anywhere, anytime by using your Iona College network ID and password.
This Research Guide will help you get started and familiarize you with Iona WorldCat. You can always contact a librarian for further help.
Limit Search Results to:
You can limit search results to a certain location after your initial search query. Click in one of the "Held by Library" boxes to change the results.
- Libraries Worldwide (default): The results will list, by relevance, the items owned by Iona College Libraries first, followed by items available from other libraries.
- Iona College Libraries: The results will list only items owned by Iona College Libraries.
- Thomas Paine National Historical Association Collection: The results will only show items in the TPNHA archive.
Basic Search: Start your research from the search box on the home page to look for books, articles, DVDs, and more simultaneously.
- Search Results Order: Iona College Libraries items will appear first. After that, items from other lending libraries - "WorldCat" will appear.
- Title: Click on the title of the book or article for more detailed information on the item.
- Article Results: Please take a close look at the Articles page of this guide for important information.
- Advanced Search: Customize your search by using the advanced search features.
- Limiting: You can limit to book, article, etc., by checking the box on the left side of the results page.
- Refine: You can further narrow down your results on the left side of the page. Select from author, publication year, language, subject and more.