Communication Sciences & Disorders
This Research Guide is designed to aid students in using Iona University Library resources to complete projects and assignments for Communication Sciences & Disorders and includes important reference works, articles in databases, and journals.
View the department's website and find information about course offerings, program faculty, curriculum requirements, etc.
Databases - search for articles, eBooks, eVideos
- MEDLINE with Full Text This link opens in a new windowThis database provides full text for many of the most-used biomedical and health journals indexed in MEDLINE.
- PubMed This link opens in a new windowPubMed comprises more than 28 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
- CINAHL with Full Text This link opens in a new windowCINAHL with Full Text provides the full text for nursing and allied health literature and covers a wide range of topics including nursing, biomedicine, consumer health and 17 allied health disciplines.
- SAGE Journals Online This link opens in a new windowSAGE Journals Online contains 600+ journals covering business, humanities, social sciences, science, technology and medicine. The full text of every issue is available from Volume 1, Issue 1 to the present.
- EBSCO (all collections) This link opens in a new windowArticles and ebooks covering multidisciplinary subjects from all Ebsco databases.
- ScienceDirect (via SciVerse) This link opens in a new windowScienceDirect offers comprehensive indexing of e-journals, e-books and working papers published by Elsevier. Coverage focuses on science and medicine, with some social science, computer and business journals. Full-text is available for only a limited number of titles through Iona's subscription.
- Linguistics Database This link opens in a new windowThis database includes full-text journals and other sources in linguistics, including many titles indexed in Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts (LLBA). It covers all aspects of the study of language including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax and semantics.
- ProQuest Central This link opens in a new windowProQuest Central provides access to databases across all major subject areas, including business, health and medical, social sciences, arts and humanities, education, science and technology, and religion
- PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowThe PsycINFO database, produced by the American Psychological Association’s (APA), contains 3 million+ records and summaries dating as far back as the 1600's. Journal coverage spans from the 1800's to the present and includes material from 2,500+ international periodicals in all fields relating to psychology.
- ERIC This link opens in a new windowArticles and documents related to education research, searching scholarly and trade journal articles.
- PolicyMap This link opens in a new windowUsers can access thousands of U.S. data indicators to perform demographic and socioeconomic analysis, from a neighborhood census block group up to a national level, or create custom regions, for research and studies.
- Communication and Mass Media Complete This link opens in a new windowArticles and other resources in the disciplines of rhetoric and discourse, media studies, communications, linguistics, and related fields.
- Scopus Preview This link opens in a new windowScopus is an abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. The Scopus Preview is an offer of free features to non-subscribed users, and can be used to search for authors and learn more about Scopus content coverage and source metrics. Researchers will need to create an Elsevier account on the site to use Scopus Preview's features.
Key Subject Journals
- Communication Sciences & Disorders Journals
- Speech Communication Journals
- Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology Journals
- Speech Communication eBooks
- Speech-Language Pathology & Audiology eBooks
- Communication Sciences & Disorders eBooks
- Last Updated: May 25, 2023 2:20 PM
- URL: https://guides.iona.edu/scs
- Print Page