This Research Guide is designed to help you find resources in Education - whether you're looking for books (print or e-books), multimedia (DVDs, CDs, streaming video, etc.), or articles from print or online databases - you will be able to find materials that are credible, accurate, and authoritative. Just follow the tabs above which will help you to focus on a topic, get background information, get recent information, use Internet resources wisely, and cite your sources.
Our goal is to help you find quality resources in the most efficient manner, making the research process a rewarding experience. Please click on the Getting More Help tab if you need further assistance.
Start Your Research
Flipster is a digital newsstand that allows you to read magazines on your computer or mobile device.
Magazines can be downloaded to Android™ phones and tablets, Apple® phones and tables, and Kindle Fire tablets for offline reading.
- ERIC This link opens in a new windowArticles and documents related to education research, searching scholarly and trade journal articles.
- Wilson Education Full Text This link opens in a new windowProvides full text of articles from 350+ journals as far back as 1996, in addition to indexing of more than 770 periodicals dating back to 1983. Subject coverage includes adult education, multicultural/ethnic education, teaching methods and much more.
- ProQuest Education Journals This link opens in a new windowGives users access to 900+ top educational publications, including 600+ titles in full-text; covers not only the literature on primary, secondary, and higher education but also special education, home schooling, adult education, and hundreds of related topics.
- Professional Development Collection This link opens in a new windowA collection of information for professional educators and education researchers. This database offers information from 500+ full-text journals on everything from children’s health and development to pedagogical theory and practice.
- Teacher Reference Center This link opens in a new windowTRC provides indexing and abstracts for 280+ of the most popular teacher and administrator journals and magazines to assist professional educators.
- Britannica Elementary This link opens in a new windowEasy-to-read articles and age-appropriate reference and learning materials, the elementary level of Britannica School Edition is geared toward Pre-K and up.
- Britannica Escolar Primaria This link opens in a new windowA knowledge-building resource for accurate and age-appropriate content in Spanish. Primaria is for elementary-aged students.
- Britannica Escolar Secundaria This link opens in a new windowKnowledge-building resource for accurate and age-appropriate content in Spanish. Secundaria is for grades 6 through 8.
- Britannica High This link opens in a new windowGeared towards high school students. Also contains Learning Materials, a collection of educational exercises, activities, and study guides.
- Britannica Middle This link opens in a new windowArticles and age-appropriate reference and learning materials, ideal for 6th-8th grade students.
- Middle School (Gale In Context) This link opens in a new windowCreated specifically for middle-schoolers, Research in Context combines the best of Gale's reference content with age-appropriate videos, newspapers, magazines, primary sources, and much more. Students will find outstanding support to complete assignments in core subjects including literature, science, social studies, and history.
- EBSCO (all collections) This link opens in a new windowArticles and ebooks covering multidisciplinary subjects from all Ebsco databases.
- JSTOR This link opens in a new windowScholarly journals and ebooks in the humanities, social sciences, and business. Journal coverage generally ends 3-5 years before the current year.
- ProQuest Central This link opens in a new windowArticles from journals and newspapers covering all subject areas. Includes dissertations, working papers from OECD, company reports, and country profiles.
- SAGE Journals Online This link opens in a new windowSAGE Journals Online contains 600+ journals covering business, humanities, social sciences, science, technology and medicine. The full text of every issue is available from Volume 1, Issue 1 to the present.
- PsycARTICLES This link opens in a new windowFull-text of 50+ psychology journals, most published by the American Psychological Association. (Note: All full-text articles can also be accessed by searching the much larger PsycINFO database.)
- PsycINFO This link opens in a new windowThe PsycINFO database, produced by the American Psychological Association’s (APA), contains 3 million+ records and summaries dating as far back as the 1600's. Journal coverage spans from the 1800's to the present and includes material from 2,500+ international periodicals in all fields relating to psychology.
- Psychiatry Online This link opens in a new windowA web-based portal featuring DSM-V - the most widely used psychiatric reference in the world - and The American Journal of Psychiatry, along with a variety of other popular psychiatry journals, textbooks, news and more.
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities This link opens in a new windowOnline directory for scholarly publishing opportunities in various subject areas. Directories for BUSINESS COLLEGE SET and EDUCATIONAL SET can be found under Journalytics.
Search for Specific Journals, Newspapers & Magazines
- Find an exact article by its citation information using the Full-Text Journal/Article Finder >>
- Search for a specific journal using the Journal Search >>
- Browse for journals by title using the Journal Browser >>