Religious Studies: Home
This Research Guide is designed to aid students in using the Iona College Libraries' resources to complete project and assignments in Religious Studies.
Go to the Religious Department's home page to find information about course offerings, program requirements, faculty, and more.
Where are the Religion Books Located?
In general, books on religion have call numbers beginning 200 through 299. At Iona, these are primarily located on the third floor, south wing.
The Spiritual Masters Athenaeum is also located on the third floor of Ryan Library and consists of several small collections of books on religion and spirituality including the Brother John Driscoll Collection, the Thomas Merton Wisdom Collection, the Msgr. Kenneth Loughman Collection, the Quinlan Collection, and the Spiritual Institute Collection. Additional books on religion may be located in other sections such as the Irish Collection or reference collection. See this complete list of all library collection locations for more information.
List of Dewey Call Number Ranges for Religious Studies:
- 200-209 - General religion
- 210-219 - Philosophy and theory of religion
- 220-229 - The Bible
- 230-239 - Christian theology
- 240-249 - Christian moral and devotional theology
- 250-259 - Local Christian church practices and religious orders
- 260-269 - Christian social and ecclesiastical theology
- 270-279 - History of Christianity
- 280-289 - Christian denominations and sects
- 290-299 - Other religions
- 294.3-294.39 - Buddhism
- 294.5-294.59 - Hinduism
- 296-296.9 - Judaism
- 297-297.9 - Islam