Virtual Resources and Research Support
This guide describes how to virtually access library services and research support.
#1. Iona Computer ID & Password
- Try logging into your MyIona SSO Account with your Iona Computer ID and password.
- If you CANNOT log-in, go to Password Station to reset your Computer Account. If you have any issues resetting your password, contact the Help Desk.
- If you CAN log-in, the issue may be with the database. Continue to Step #2.
#4. Library Catalog - Iona WorldCat
- If you're trying to access an article or e-book from the Library Catalog (Quick Find box), note the name of the database that contains that resource. Click on the title of the item and you will see a list of links that contain the database name.
- Locate that database on the A-Z Databases list and click on its link.
- Search for the article, e-book, etc., in that database.
- Many databases require the most up-to-date Java in order to run. Check whether you are receiving an error message that mentions Java.
- Off-Campus: If you get an error message regarding EZProxy, please report the error to libanswers.iona.edu. Please include the name of the resource and the link you were using to access it.
- On-Campus: Copy the link you are trying to use into a new browser window, and delete all the text before the first "=" sign (e.g. http://rocky.iona.edu:2048/login?url=). The edited link should get you to the resource you want to access. Please report the error to libanswers.iona.edu.
#7. Payment - Don't
- If you're being asked for payment or a non-Iona Computer log-in, exit, and go back to the Library Home Page.
- Go to the A-Z Databases List or the Library Catalog to access your resource. If you're still being asked for payment, please contact a librarian to see if the resource can be obtained another way.
- Large companies and other organizations often have strong firewall systems on their networks that prevent access to outside databases. If that is the case, you will see a message stating that access to the desired server or URL is not allowed.
- You will need to contact the network administrator at your company or organization for access or wait until you can access from an alternate network.
- Last Updated: Sep 15, 2023 11:33 AM
- URL: https://guides.iona.edu/virtualICL
- Print Page