Virtual Resources and Research Support: Home
Start Your Research
Contactless Book Pick-up
Steps for contactless book pick-up:
- Search the Iona College Library Catalog
- If you locate a book that is owned by Iona College (look for Held by Iona College) note the title, author and call number. Or, simply click on the link icon in the record and copy the link. If you locate a book that is not held by Iona College Libraries, please submit a request via InterLibrary Loan.
- Go to libanswers.iona.edu or use the form listed in this guide.
- Select the option for book pick-up from the pull-down menu
- Fill in the information.
- The book will be available to you as soon as your request is processed and the item is pulled from the shelves.
- You will be contacted by Library staff to arrange for a date and time that you can pick-up the library materials.
Ebooks and Streaming Videos
How do I access the print collection?
The collection is open and available for students and faculty to browse and select books.Patrons accessing materials in the stacks are asked to wear gloves and/or wash/sanitize their hands before and after using library resources. If you locate a book that you would like to check out, please proceed to the Help Desk where the staff will check the book out to you, no contact will be required.
For patrons that prefer contactless access to the collection, Iona College Libraries is book pick-up service.
Faculty Library Services and IT Support
Faculty Library Services and IT Support has its own page designed to introduce faculty to the library resources available to them as an instructor and offers links to tech support for the various software programs we use at Iona to include Blackboard and Zoom.
Please visit the Faculty Resources Guide for valuable information on topics such as Copyright and Fair Use, Accessibility, and Open Educational Resources.
Contact a Librarian
Is Interlibrary loan available to virtual patrons?
Interlibrary loan services are available for all patrons. Articles will be emailed to your Iona email account. Please note that due to the closure and reduced services of many lending institutions, we may not be able to fulfill all Interlibrary loan requests. Please allow 3 weeks for books to arrive and be made available for pick-up at Ryan Library, articles may take 7- 10 days. Requests for recently published textbooks are often denied by lending libraries. ILL services are subject to change at any time, please email the ILL office if you have any questions.
Visit the Interlibrary loan services page for additional information or use the contact information listed below.