Research Essentials: Research Services & Help
Welcome to Research Essentials
Welcome to Research Essentials, your guide to better understanding the college research process, including how to find books and articles, evaluate information sources, avoid plagiarism, and properly cite sources when you write.
Need help in finding articles or identifying database strategies to gather scholarly sources for your topic? Iona College Libraries offer a wide range of research support.
- Visit the Research Desk for assistance with research papers and other assignments. Research Desk hours.
- Located on the 1st floor of Ryan Library, behind the Help Desk near the Group Study Rooms.
- Online Research Help, FAQs, and Ask a Librarian.
- (914) 637-7716
Have you already visited the Research Desk but are still having difficulty locating articles? Make an appointment to meet with a Librarian through the Research Assistance Program (RAP).
Need a book or article not available at Iona? You can ask the library to get it for you from another library. Here's how:
Open the record for an item you would like.
Click “Request Item” and then follow on-screen instructions.
Please allow 10 days for books and 5 days for articles to arrive.
Learn more about Interlibrary Loan.
- Provides technical assistance with hardware, software, or network issues.
- Check out a book or find a course reserve book placed by a professor.
- Pick up an item on hold for you.
- (914) 633-2635
Located on the 1st floor of Ryan Library just beyond the lobby. Assistance is also available in Arrigoni Library.
The library is designed to accommodate various studying needs and be conducive to learning and doing research. Please follow these policies:
- Silent Study Rooms - Please respect your fellow students by not talking.
- Group Study Rooms - Two students minimum to use. No holding rooms. First come, first serve. Rooms are not sound-proof.
- Group Study Areas - the lobby space near Romita Auditorium, Periodicals Room, and the 2nd fl. Irish Room.
- Only use cell phones in the main entrance and on stair landings.
- Food is only allowed in the lobby space near Romita Auditorium and in the Periodicals Room.
For more information, please visit the libraries Policies page.