Social Work: Home
This Research Guide is designed to aid students in using the Iona College Libraries' resources to complete project and assignments in Social Work.
Go to the Social Work Department's home page to find information about course offerings, program requirements, faculty, and more.
Search for Background Information
Begin your research by consulting an online encyclopedia:
Where are the Social Work books located?
Books on social work typically start with call numbers between 360 and 362.9. At Iona, books with these call numbers are located on the third floor, west wing of Ryan Library. However, other social work books may be located in a special location, such as the reference room. Consult this complete list of library collection locations for more information.
Dewey Call Number Ranges for Social Work:
- 361.3 - General Social Work
- 361.4 - Group Work
- 361.6 - Social Welfare; Government Action in Social Work
- 362 - Social Services
- 362.2 - Services for People with Mental Illness and Disabilities
- 362.3 - Services for People with Developmental Disabilities
- 362.4 - Services for People with Physical Disabilities
- 362.5 - Services for the Poor
- 362.6 - Services for the Elderly
- 362.7 - Services for Children and Young Adults
- 362.73 - Foster Care and Adoption
- 362.76 - Child Abuse
- 362.82 - Services for Families
- 362.8292 - Domestic Violence
- 362.83 - Services for Women
- 362.84 - Services for Specific Ethnic and National Groups