Iona WorldCat: Getting Started
What is Iona WorldCat?
It's our upgraded search tool for locating books, articles, DVDs and more! This search interface is an easy-to-use and comprehensive system. We've teamed up with WorldCat.org - the world's largest library search engine - to make your research more effective, personal and, we hope, fun.
This Research Guide will help you get started and familiarize you with Iona WorldCat. You can always contact a librarian for further help.
Limit Search Results to:
You can limit search results to a certain location after your initial search query.
- Libraries Worldwide: Results will list, by relevance, the items owned by Iona College Libraries first, followed by items available from other libraries.
- Iona College Libraries: The results will list only items owned by Iona College Libraries.
Basic Search: Start your research from the search box on the home page to look for books, articles, DVDs and more simultaneously.
- Icons: Look for these icons to easily identify the materials you're looking for:
- Search Results Order: Iona College Libraries items will appear first. After that, items from other lending libraries - "WorldCat" will appear.
- Title: Click on the title of the book or article for more detailed information on the item.
- Article Results: If the link on the search results page doesn't work, click on the "Title" of the article for more options. You may have to click on several links before you get to the item.
- Article Results: Please take a close look at the Articles page of this guide for important information.
- Advanced Search: Customize your search by using the advanced search features for books, e-books, and DVDs.
- Limiting: You can limit to book, article, etc., by checking the box on the left side of the results page.
- Refine: You can further narrow down your results on the left side of the page. Select from author, publication year, language, content, topic and more.
- Mobile: You can connect to iona.on.worldcat.org from your mobile device.