Foreign Languages: Home
This Research Guide is designed to aid students in using Iona College Library resources to complete projects and assignments for Foreign Language and includes important reference works, articles in databases, and journals.
View the department's website and find information about course offerings, program faculty, curriculum requirements, etc.
Search the Library Catalog
Where Are the Library Books on Foreign Language studies?
Books on Language can be found in the Dewey Decimal sections:
- 410 Linguistics
- 420 English & Old English
- 430 Germanic languages, i.e., German
- 440 Romance languages, i.e., French
- 450 Italian language
- 460 Spanish & Portuguese languages
- 470 Italic languages, i.e., Latin
- 480 Hellenic languages, i.e. Classical Greek
- 490 Other languages
The Language books can be found in Ryan Library, 3rd floor, West Wing.
Books on Literature & Rhetoric can be found in the Dewey Decimal Sections in Ryan Library:
- 810 American literature in English - 2nd fl., East Wing
- 820 English & Old English literatures - 2nd fl., East Wing
- 830 Literatures of Germanic languages - 2nd fl., East Wing
- 840 Literatures of Romance languages - 2nd fl. South Wing
- 850 Italian, Romanian, Rhaeto-Romanic - 2nd fl., West Wing
- 860 Spanish & Portuguese literatures - 2nd fl., West Wing
- 870 Italic literatures, i.e., Latin - 2nd fl., West Wing
- 880 Hellenic literatures, i.e., Classical Greek - 2nd fl., West Wing
- 890 Literatures of other languages - 2nd fl., West Wing
Books on Geography & History can be found in the Dewey Decimal Sections:
- 910 Geography & travel
- 920 Biography, genealogy, insignias
- 930 History of the ancient world
- 940 General history of Europe
- 950 General history of Asia & Far East
- 960 General history of Africa
- 970 General history of North America
- 980 General history of South America
- 990 General history of other areas
Geography & History books can be found in Ryan Library, 2nd fl., West Wing.