- Check your Iona email at least once a day
- Iona’s email system is the official form of electronic communication between the College and enrolled students
- College offices and faculty communicate with students through the Iona assigned email address
- Reading messages
- Working with attachments
- Sending messages
- Looking up people in Iona using the Address Book
- Make sure you Log Off and close the browser to exit email
Microsoft Office 365 is accessible via the MyIona Single Sign On System (SSO). To access Microsoft Office 365*:
- Open your web browser.
- From the Iona College homepage, go to Quick Links and select Online Services. You will see the MyIona SSO login page.
- Enter your Network Username.
- Enter your Network Password and click on the Login button. You will now see the MyIona SSO Landing Page.
- Click on the Microsoft Office 365 icon to access the application. No need to login again.
*If you are an accepted student you will not have access to Microsoft Office 365 until you are able to log into the MyIona SSO with your Username and Password.
Please logout by clicking on the Sign Out button on the upper right corner of the main SSO page
Forgotten Password Help
This password is controlled by the Netpass system. Your password can be changed by clicking on the Forgot Your Password link on the Single Sign On System login page as long as you have already set up your "forgotten password help" questions.
*If you have not set up your help questions for Netpass, contact the HELP DESK to reset your password (914) 633-2635.
Messages & Message Attachments
To Read a Message
Click on a message. The message will appear on the right, in the preview pane.
To Save an Attachment or Document on your User drive (U: drive)
- A paper clip next to a message means that your message has one or more attachments
- Click the message to view the message
- Double click on the attachment name of the document (in the email header) that you want to save to display the File Download dialog box
- Choose Save to display the Save As dialog box
- Select your User drive (for example, jdoe1 on student_mail (U:))
- Choose Save
- Choose Close on the Download Complete window
- Close the message when done
To Edit the Attachment
- Navigate to the folder or drive where you saved the attachment (we recommend you save the attachment in your U: drive)
- Double click on the document you want to edit
- Make the necessary changes
- Save your document
- Close the document
To Reply to a Message and Include an Attachment
- Click on the message to view the message you want to answer
- Choose Reply on the menu bar
- Choose the paper clip to display the Attach Files – Webpage Dialog box
- Choose Browse to select the document you want to attach to the message
- Click the down arrow to the right of Look in to select your U: drive (for example, jdoe1 on student_mail (U:))
- Double click on the document you want to attach
- Choose Attach in the Attach Files – Webpage Dialog box
- The attached document will be in the message reply header
- Type your reply in the body of the message
- Choose Send when you are ready to send the message with the attachment