Quick Instructions for Common Tasks
Control Panel > Customizations > Properties > Set
Availability > Yes > Submit
Control Panel (of Old Course) > Packages and Utilities
> Course Copy > Choose destination (new) course >
Choose materials to copy > Submit
Archiving a Class
Control Panel > Packages and Utilities >
Export/Archive Course > Click Archive button > Submit
> Wait for Confirmation Email
Upload a file to my course
Choose Content Area > Click Build Content – Create
Item > Name and Upload content
Adding new Course Menu Items
Plus Button above Course Menu > Create Content Area
> Name > Submit
Begin a Discussion Board Forum
Tools > Discussion Board > New Forum
Control Panel > Users and Groups > Groups > Create
Single or Set Groups > Self or Manual Enroll > Name
Adding a Student to a class
Control Panel > Users and Groups > Users > Find
Users to Enroll > Browse > Submit
Removing a Student from a class
Control Panel > Users and Groups > Users > Check
box next to name > Click Remove Users from Course
Create a “dropbox” for student papers
Choose Content Area > Create Assessment –
Assignment > Name > Submit
Make a Course Available
- Students cannot see blackboard courses by default. To make the course available to students you must:
- First locate and click on the course you wish to make available. Notice that the word "unavailable" is next to the class.
- Then, Under the control panel click on "Customization" and select "Properties."
- In the main content window - under option "3 Set Availability," you will see "Make course available."
- Click on the "Yes" button to make your course available to students.
- Next, scroll to the bottom and click on "Submit."
- You will see a message that states, "Properties have been updated."
- To ensure your course has been made available to your students click on your "My Blackboard" tab. And under your "My Courses" area the course should no longer say "unavailable" after the course name.
Enroll a Student
- Students are enrolled into Blackboard one time, based on registration information from Peoplesoft. If a student adds or drops your class after this one time batch enrollment, you must add the student yourself.
- To do this you must first enter the class the student needs to be enrolled in.
- Next, under the control panel click on "Users and Groups" and select users.
- In the main content area the enrolled students will appear. To enroll a new student click on the "Find users to enroll" button.
- Click on the browse button next to the username box.
- A new box will pop up. Change the search from "Username" to "Last name."
- type in the students last name, and then click on "Go"
- All students that match that last name will appear. Find the correct student, mark the check box next to the name, and click on "submit."
- The students username will automatically be filled in. To finish enrolling the student click on "submit."
- If the student has been successfully enrolled you will see a message that says "Success: Enrollment added for the user."