Iona Email: Students
Microsoft Office 365 is accessible via the MyIona Single Sign On System (SSO). To access Microsoft Office 365*:
- Open your web browser.
- From the Iona College homepage, go to Quick Links and select Online Services. You will see the MyIona SSO login page.
- Enter your Computer ID and Computer Password and click on the Login button. You will now see the MyIona SSO Landing Page.
- Click on the Microsoft Office 365 icon to access the application. No need to login again.
*If you are an accepted student you will not have access to Microsoft Office 365 until you are able to log into the MyIona SSO with your Computer ID and Computer Password.
Please logout by clicking on the Sign Out button on the upper right corner of the main SSO page
Forgotten Password Help
You can manage your Computer Password through the Netpass system. As long as you have set up your "forgotten password help" questions, you can change your password by clicking on the Forgot Your Password link on the Single Sign On System login page.
*If you have not set up your help questions for Netpass, contact the HELP DESK to reset your password (914) 633-2635.
Important Information About Your Iona Email
- Check your Iona email at least once a day
- Iona’s email system is the official form of electronic communication between the College and enrolled students
Office 365 - Overview Video
Using Office 365
- Click on the blue box titled “Mail” on the Collaborate with Office Online screen.
- Keep the default language as “English (United States)” from the drop down menu.
- Choose the default time zone by choosing “(UTC-05:00) Eastern Time (US & Canada)”.
- Click Save.
Using the App Launcher to Access Office 365 Apps (Located in the top left corner of Office 365)
- Mail – the main email area where you can read, compose, receive, and send email.
- Calendar – scheduler/planner.
- People – your contact list.
- Newsfeed – area to post status updates, blog posts, and edit your profile.
- OneDrive – contains the Office Web Apps and an area to store and edit different types of Office files.
- Sites – create a new site, access your Team or Public site, and access sites you are following.
- Tasks – add, view, and manage tasks.
- Microsoft Office Web Apps (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote) – web-based versions of the Microsoft Office software that contain the basic functionality of the programs in browser format
Using the App Launcher to Customize & Organize Your Office 365
To Send an Email
- Click on Mail in the Dashboard.
- Click on the New button on the top left corner of Office 365.
- Enter an email address, a subject, and message.
- Click the Send button.
To Read a Message
- Click on Mail in the Dashboard.
- You can view a message in the Reading pane by clicking the message once.
You can view a message in its own window by double-clicking on the message.
To Save an Attachment or Document on your User drive (U: drive)
- A paper clip next to a message means that your message has one or more attachments
- Click the message to view the message
- Double click on the attachment name of the document that you want to save to display the File Download dialog box
- Choose Save to display the Save As dialog box
- Select your User drive (for example, jdoe1 on student_mail (U:))
- Choose Save
- Choose Close on the Download Complete window
- Close the message when done
To Edit the Attachment
- Open the document that you saved on your U: drive
- Double click My Computer on your desktop
- Double click on the U: drive to display your documents
- Double click on the document you want to edit
- Make the necessary changes
- Save your document
- Close the document
To Find the Email Address of Someone at Iona
- Click on the App Launcher, and choose People, or open a new email.
- In People: In the search box, enter all or part of the persons name and click Enter.
In Email: In the To: field, enter all or part of the persons name and click on Search Directory.
- In People: Click on the name of the person whose contact information you want to see.