Women's Studies: Find Books & Multimedia
A library guide for research projects in Women's Studies.
Tips for Searching Iona WorldCat
- The default search is a basic keyword search. This searches titles, subjects, authors, tables of contents, and more.
- Iona WorldCat not only search books held at Iona, but many journal articles, e-books, and all types of media held at Iona and libraries worldwide.
- Results of a search can easily be limited by format (article, book, DVD, etc.), publication date, author, subject, and more.
- For more specific searches, use ti: before search terms to search for a title, au: to search for an author, and su: for a subject
- Example: ti: Gone with the wind
- Example: au: Betty Friedan
- Example: su: Women's rights
- OR, use the Advanced Search to specify searches by title, author, subject, and more. You may also specify a publication date or range of dates, language, and format (book, article, DVD, etc.)
- By default, Iona WorldCat searches libraries worldwide. Results for items owned by Iona will appear at the top of a results list. Most items not owned by Iona can be requested through Interlibrary Loan by first clicking on the title of the item, and then clicking on the grey Request Item through Interlibrary Loan button.
- For more help on using Iona WorldCat, see this thorough guide.
Google Books Search
Via its partnerships with several of the world's largest libraries, Google created a digital library that allows for keyword search and retrieval of millions of titles.