Sociology: Citing Sources
Citation Style Manuals in Print
ASA Quick Guide
Formatting a Paper
What is RefWorks?
Welcome to RefWorks
RefWorks is a way to cite, collect, manage and organize your research papers. It allows you to annotate, organize, and cite your research as well as collaborate with others.
- Is Iona College Library's preferred citation management tool
- Is Free for Iona students and faculty
- Helps you create MLA, APA, Chicago, etc. reference lists
- Allows you to import citations directly from Library databases and research websites, such as EBSCO, ProQuest, and WorldCat
- Enables you to share citations and lists
Creating a RefWorks Account
Instructions for Creating a RefWorks Account
- Go to RefWorks and click on Create Account (located at the bottom of the box).
- Use your Iona email address to sign up for a new RefWorks account, personal email addresses are not valid.
- Your Iona email address becomes your login name. Note: Don't select your Institution.
- An activation email will be sent and you will need to validate your account to continue. *Note: if the verification email doesn't come directly into your Inbox, please check your Junk or More folders in Outlook. If you have questions about navigating Outlook, please contact the Help Desk.
- Click on the link in the activation email and you will be directed back to RefWorks to enter your name, role, and department affiliation.
- You will be asked if you’d like to install the Save to RefWorks web browser button (a way to import citations from web pages) Note: You can temporarily add this to the browser's toolbar on Iona College lab computers; it will erase after you shut down the computer. However, you can permanently add Save to RefWorks to your personal devices. See Save to RefWorks button page.
- You will also be asked if you'd like to install Write-n-Cite for Word. Note: This tool can be added to your personal devices. This tool is not currently available for download to Iona College lab computers.
Note: Your RefWorks account is NOT connected with your Iona log-in credentials.