Social Work: Find Books and Multimedia
Tips for Searching Iona WorldCat
- The default search is a basic keyword search. This searches titles, subjects, authors, tables of contents, and more.
- Iona WorldCat not only search books held at Iona, but many journal articles, e-books, and all types of media held at Iona and libraries worldwide.
- Results of a search can easily be limited by format (article, book, DVD, etc.), publication date, author, subject, and more.
- For more specific searches, use ti: before search terms to search for a title, au: to search for an author, and su: for a subject
- Example: ti: Gone with the wind
- Example: au: William Shakespeare
- Example: su: Social work
- OR, use the Advanced Search to specify searches by title, author, subject, and more. You may also specify a publication date or range of dates, language, and format (book, article, DVD, etc.)
- By default, Iona WorldCat searches libraries worldwide. Results for items owned by Iona will appear at the top of a results list. Most items not owned by Iona can be requested through Interlibrary Loan by first clicking on the title of the item, and then clicking on the grey Request Item through Interlibrary Loan button.
- For more help on using Iona WorldCat, see this thorough guide.
Search Google Books
Google has created a digital library that allows for keyword search and retrieval of millions of titles.
Note: Most books are limited to "snippet" or "preview" view, or may not be viewable at all. Older books (usually published before 1923) are often fully available to view.
Find Streaming Videos in Social Work and Other Areas
Dewey Decimal Numbers for Social Work
Iona uses the Dewey Decimal system to organize most of the books in the collection. Most books on Social Work are found in the following numbers:
- 361.3 - General Social Work
- 361.4 - Group Work
- 361.6 - Social Welfare; Government Action in Social Work
- 362 - Social Services
- 362.2 - Services for People with Mental Illness and Disabilities
- 362.3 - Services for People with Developmental Disabilities
- 362.4 - Services for People with Physical Disabilities
- 362.5 - Services for the Poor
- 362.6 - Services for the Elderly
- 362.7 - Services for Children and Young Adults
- 362.73 - Foster Care and Adoption
- 362.76 - Child Abuse
- 362.82 - Services for Families
- 362.8292 - Domestic Violence
- 362.83 - Services for Women
- 362.84 - Services for Specific Ethnic and National Groups