Psychology: Find Books & Multimedia
Tips for Searching Iona WorldCat
- The default search is a basic keyword search. This searches titles, subjects, authors, tables of contents, and more.
- Iona WorldCat not only search books held at Iona, but many journal articles, e-books, and all types of media held at Iona and libraries worldwide.
- Results of a search can easily be limited by format (article, book, DVD, etc.), publication date, author, subject, and more.
- For more specific searches, use ti: before search terms to search for a title, au: to search for an author, and su: for a subject
- Example: ti: Gone with the wind
- Example: au: Sigmund Freud
- Example: su: Mental Illness
- OR, use the Advanced Search to specify searches by title, author, subject, and more. You may also specify a publication date or range of dates, language, and format (book, article, DVD, etc.)
- By default, Iona WorldCat searches libraries worldwide. Results for items owned by Iona will appear at the top of a results list. Most items not owned by Iona can be requested through Interlibrary Loan by first clicking on the title of the item, and then clicking on the grey Request Item through Interlibrary Loan button.
- For more help on using Iona WorldCat, see this thorough guide.
Find Streaming Videos
Find streaming videos, including documentaries, lectures, interviews, and therapy treatment sessions, in the following sources:
Dewey Decimal Numbers for Psychology
Iona uses the Dewey Decimal system to organize most of the books in the collection. Most books on Psychology are found in the following numbers:
- 150 - General Psychology, Systems, History
- 152 - Sensory Perception, Movement, Emotions
- 153 - Conscious Mental Processes, Intelligence
- 154 - Subconscious and Altered States and Processes
- 155 - Differential and Developmental Psychology
- 156 - Comparative Psychology
- 158 - Applied Psychology
- 370.15 - Educational Psychology
- 616.8 - Diseases of the Nervous System, Mental Disorders
- 616.83 - Organic Diseases of the Nervous System (e.g. Alzheimer's, Parkinson's)
- 616.852 - Neuroses
- 616.858 - Personality, Sexual, Gender-Identity, Impulse-Control, Factitious, Developmental, and Learning Disorders
- 616.86 - Substance Abuse (Disease)
- 616.89 - Mental Disorders
- 616.8914 - Psychotherapy
- 616.895 - Bipolar Disorder
- 616.897 - Paranoia
- 616.898 - Schizophrenia
Search Google Books
Google has created a digital library that allows for keyword search and retrieval of millions of titles.
Note: Most books are limited to "snippet" or "preview" view, or may not be viewable at all. Older books (usually published before 1923) are often fully available to view.